La Radio communautaire du Manitoba inc. was created through the combined efforts of people in various backgrounds interested in creating a French community owned radio station offering various musical genres and entertainment. Thanks to the efforts of hundreds of people and of many local organizations, Envol 91 FM has truly become a community oriented radio station.
Envol 91 FM went on air on October 21, 1991. It is the first French community owned radio station in Western Canada and the Territories. As a community owned French radio station, Envol 91 FM offers you :
• An «easy listening» music style during the day; in the evening, programs are hosted by volunteers offering a variety of music: folk, blues, classical, jazz, heavy metal, etc.
• Access to Manitoba’s urban and rural French communities,
• Radio programs hosted by more than 50 volunteers
• Competitive advertising rates
Envol is much more than a radio. It is the voice of the Franco-Manitoban community and gives you access to a varied and educational program schedule which meets the community’s needs. It reflects the cultural diversity within the community.
Envol FM highlights:
Frequency: 91, 1 FM
Call letters : CKXL
Transmitter : 61 000 watts
Broadcast area : Winnipeg and surrounding area (120 km)
• First French community owned radio station in Western Canada
• Broadcasts to more than 90% of Manitoba’s French communities
• More than 350 individual and corporate members
Envol 91 FM’s broadcast area
Varied programming includes
• Educational broadcasts on a variety of topics such as cultural affairs, the business world, employment and topics concerning women
• A large variety of musical styles including traditional French music, French rock, folk music and even hip-hop
• You can view our schedule online